$23 - $25 an hour
Number of Hires:
2 to 4
Driver’s License with CDL A (Required)
CDL Medical Certification (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Pepsi Beverage Distribution-Delivery Driver
A Delivery Driver is responsible for transporting a range of our products including but not limited to soft drinks, energy drinks, water, juices, coffee, and Craft Beer to multiple locations. This position will deliver based on an established route. This position will drive a delivery vehicle to designated accounts, unload product into the store and merchandise product. Works closely and has exceptional communication with Merchandisers, Sales Representatives, account personnel and their manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Merchandise all company products following company standards with attention to rotation, brand flow, schematics and shelf cleanliness at all sales locations throughout the store.
- Transport company products from warehouse to account shelves in a safe and efficient manner. Utilize appropriate equipment to move product throughout the account.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships through a high standard of professionalism, behavior, respectful and attentive communication. Be courteous and responsive to customer service opportunities with a close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ensure product remains in satisfactory condition according to company standards through careful storage, placement, transportation and attention to detail.
- Follow company and account operating procedures when servicing accounts. This includes but is not limited to signing in/out, placement of pallets on the sales floor.
- Manage, rotate and maintain an organized backroom. This includes but is not limited to condensing inventory, disposing of trash, organizing breakage, and stacking empty pallets and/or shells.
- Communicate account updates, inventory levels and opportunity for shelf space with their manager and Sales Representative.
- Adhere to all requirements for vehicle cleanliness and safety, follow all traffic laws, DOT regulations and company vehicle policies.
- Observe company safety guidelines and practices in every phase of work. Report all hazardous conditions, safety concerns, injuries, incidents or property damage to your manager.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- This is a safety-sensitive position with the responsibility to always be cognizant of their own safety and the safety of others, must have the ability to perform job functions in a safe manner, and operate company equipment and/or vehicles with good judgment and awareness of surroundings at all times.
- Effective Communication Proficiency (Written and Verbal)
- Well Organized, Ability to Prioritize and a Self-Starter
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Customer Relations Focus
- Time Management
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Active Listening
- Integrity, Initiative and Achievement
- Credible and Dependable
- Exceptional Work Ethic
This job operates primarily in the trade, with frequent warehouse exposure, and does require travel within the designated market. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as a hand-truck, pallet jack, forklift, and six-wheel cart as well as drive a company vehicle.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The schedule has varying shift times and days based on the needs of the business and route. 40 hours weekly with overtime, as necessary. Shifts will not be completed until all required work and route stops are done. This is a non-exempt level position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Class A CDL Required with valid Medical Card.
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of merchandising, warehouse or customer service experience.
- One year of experience driving a commercial vehicle.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Employee must meet company standards for driving a company vehicle, pass a pre-employment DOT drug screen and background check. Employee must pass a DOT physical and DOT Road Test.
Walton Beverage provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, genetic information, or family history, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License with CDL A (Required)
- CDL Medical Certification (Required)
- Multiple locations
Delivery Location Type:
- Company-provided uniform
- Waiting period may apply